As I Have Said Countless Times Before...Posted on January 19, 2010
To build a great team, you need to get on the 12 step program:
- Talent - Drafted and developed.
- Create "Magic" in the form of team chemistry.
- Respect for the coach and staff.
- A system and a philosophy and a team constructed to fit that system.
- Infrastructure capable of capitalizing on success. Passion around everything we do.
- Continuity. Dependability and consistency of message and approach. Fairness doctrine for all.
- The highest paid player has to be the most coachable and respectful player. And the best player.
- Great cap management to keep team's core together. A selflessness by the team's stars and a belief that winning is all that matters. That is "the secret."
- Love and respect from the community and fan base. Focus on "Happiness" as we are in this together!
- Determination and toughness. Singular focus on the higher calling from everyone in the organization. Winning a Championship!